HPHA-5306- Health Policy Impact Assignment
This assignment gives you the opportunity to impact policy in either the state or national level. You will
construct a letter to a legislative representative that includes detailed description of a policy change you
would like to recommend based on the knowledge you attained in this class. Therefore, the topic must
be one that was covered in the chapter readings, articles and/or lectures.
Legislators do not have time to read long letter so please follow the following guidelines:
• Keep the letter to one page.
• Be direct and concise about your request.
• Be clear about the policy you would like to see changed/amended or added.
• If possible, relate your recommendation to a personal story or something affecting your
• Mention how the policy positively or negatively affects you or your community and why.
• Make sure to select a legislator in your region. They like and prefer to hear from their
• List of legislators and their districts can be found at https://www.congress.gov/state-legislaturewebsites
• Sending the letter to your representative will not be a requirement.
Submit your assignment via the Assignment link in Sakai and provide a cover page with your name,
name of the course, date and assignment title.
Grading Rubric for Letter:
Excellent-A (180-200 pts)
• Purpose is clear.
• Clearly presents a main idea and supports it throughout the letter.
• Well-planned and well-thought out.
• All paragraphs have clear ideas, are supported with examples and have smooth transitions.
• Exceptionally well presented and argued; ideas are detailed, well developed, supported with
specific examples & facts, as well as examples and specific details.
• Sentences are clear and varied in pattern, from simple to complex, with excellent use of
Above Average-B (160-179 pts)
• Shows awareness of purpose.
• Most paragraphs have clear ideas, are supported with some examples and have transitions.
• Well-presented and argued; ideas are detailed, developed and supported with evidence and
details, mostly specific.
• Sentences are clear but may lack variation; a few may be awkward and there may be a few
• There is an attempt at a personal style but style of writing may be awkward or unsuited to
audience and purpose; the reader may lose interest in some sections of the paper.
• Some use of specific examples and detailed descriptions. May have extended examples that go
on for too long.
• A few errors in grammar, spelling, syntax and punctuation, but not many.Average-C (140-159 pts)
• Shows limited awareness of purpose.
• Vague sense of a main idea, weakly supported throughout the letter.
• Some paragraphs have clear ideas, support from examples may be missing and transitions are
• Ideas are present but not particularly developed or supported; some evidence, but usually of a
• Sentences are generally clear but may have awkward structure or unclear content; there may be
patterns of punctuation errors.
• There is little attempt at style; reads as flat and perhaps uninteresting in content, which is
usually generalized and clichéd.
• Shows a pattern of errors in spelling, grammar, syntax and/or punctuation. Could also be a sign
of lack of proofreading.
Below Average-D (120-139 pts)
• No awareness
• No main idea
• No sense of organization
• Lack of clear ideas
• Content is not sound
• Sentences are not clear
• No use of examples
• Continuous errors
Well Below Average-F (< 119 pts)
• The letter is significantly lacking in all respects and void of content pertinent to completing the
Note: The instructor reserves the right not to accept late assignments. Assignments turned in late
(beyond the due date) will be marked down prior to grading. Health Policy Impact Assignment
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more