A partial statement of financial position of Century University is shown below.
During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2011, the following transactions occurred:
1. A gift of $100,000 was received from an alumnus on July 7, 2019. One-half of the gift was to be used for the purchase of books for the university’s library and the rest was to be used to establish a scholarship fund per the alumnus’s request. It was also requested that the income generated by the scholarship fund be awarded annually as a scholarship for a qualified disadvantaged student. The board decided that the funds for the new scholarship should be invested in savings certificates on July 20, 2019. These savings certificates were purchased on July 21, 2019.
2. Revenue for the fiscal period from student tuition and fees amounted to $1,900,000. During the fiscal year, $1,686,000 of this amount was collected; $66,000 had been collected in the prior year. The university had also received $158,000 by June 30, 2020, for fees for the session beginning July 1, 2020.
3. During the year ended June 30, 2020, the university collected $349,000 of the outstanding accounts receivable at the beginning of the year. The balance was determined to be uncollectible and was written off against the allowance account. At June 30, 2020, the allowance account was increased by $3,000.
4. Because of late student fee payments, $6,000 in interest charges were earned and collected.
5. The state appropriation was received. Another unrestricted appropriation of $50,000 was made by the state. This had not been paid to the university by the fiscal year-end.
6. An unrestricted gift of $25,000 cash was received from alumni of the university.
7. During the year, investments of $21,000 were sold for $26,000. Investment income amounting to $1,900 was received.
8. Unrestricted operating expenses were recorded at $1,777,000, $59,000 of which remains unpaid.
9. Restricted current funds of $13,000 were spent for authorized purposes during the year.
10. The accounts payable at June 30, 2019, were paid during the year.
11. During the year, $7,000 interest was earned and received on the savings certificates purchased in accordance with the board’s resolution [in item (1)].
A. Prepare journal entries to record in summary form the transactions above for the year ended June 30, 2020. Each journal entry should be numbered to correspond with the transaction described above. Set up the following headings:
B. Prepare a statement of activities for the year ended June 30, 2020.
C. Prepare a statement of activities for the current funds for the year ended June 30, 2020. Include more details about the revenues and expenses.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more