Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is a fortune 500 company, and is the largest private sector company in India. It is the flagship company of Reliance Group founded by Mr. Dhirubhai Ambani. The company reported consolidated net profit after tax of ₹ 24,423 crore for the year 2009–10 compared to ₹ 14,950 crore during 2008–09. The excerpts from the consolidated profit and loss account of the company for the year ended 31st March 2010 and the previous year are given as follows:
Questions for Discussion
1. The PAT of the company has grown from ₹ 14,950 crore in 2008–09 to ₹ 24,423 crore in 2009–10. How do you rate the performance of the company?
2. What are the main contributors for increase in the profit of the company?
3. The schedule of ‘Other Income’ of RIL discloses an exceptional item amounting to ₹ 8,605.57 crore as ‘income from sale of Reliance Industries Limited shares by Petroleum Trust’. No other details regarding this gain have been provided in the annual report. Is it correct to include exceptional item in the Other Income category?
4. How should RIL have disclosed the exceptional items?
5. How do you rate the performance of the company excluding exceptional item?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more