The ACME Machine Shop is a small job shop that does machining of components for customers that assemble finished products. The customers give ACME engineering drawings of parts and request production of parts from ACME as needed. The manager of the machine shop has used a database to try to organize some basic information on the customers’ parts and their machining requirements as well as scheduling information based on orders. The tables and their design requirements are shown here. The meaning of the tables is as follows:
PART — The parts produced by ACME
PROCESS_PLAN — The operations that must be performed to manufacture the parts
MACHINE — The machines used to manufacture the parts
SCHEDULE — A set of production schedules for part manufacture
(a) Create the database and tables in Access DBMS.
(b) Write the SQL code that will generate answers to the following questions:
(1) List all the entries from the parts table.
(2) List the instances of parts that use raw material RM302.
(3) List the instances of all parts, alphabetically ordered by part description.
(4) List the instances of all schedules with lot sizes greater than 15.
(5) List the instances of all parts that require machine M1.
(6) List the machines and their average, minimum, and maximum unit machining times.
(7) For each schedule, list the schedule ID, part number, operation number, machine ID, setup time, total machining time, and total time (setup plus machining). Be sure that each attribute column has a title.
(8) List the tooling that is used with each raw material without repetition in the tuple.
(9) List the schedule release date, part number that will be machined, and machine ID that will be used by schedule release date descending.
(10) List the part number and machine ID that will be used in production on schedule release date 4/1/06.
(11) List just the machine ID (without duplication) that will be used by schedules released on 4/1/06.
(12) Using a query/subquery, list all the part numbers that have operations with a setup time greater than 8 minutes.
(13) List the material ID and the number of pieces of raw material that will be required for all the scheduled job releases on 4/1/06.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more