An ISP that has authority to assign addresses from a /16 prefix (an old class B address) is…

An ISP that has authority to assign addresses from a /16 prefix (an old class B address) is working with a new company to allocate it a portion of address space based on CIDR. The new company needs IP addresses for machines in three divisions of its corporate network: Engineering, Marketing, and Sales. These divisions plan to grow as follows: Engineering has five machines as of the start of year 1 and intends to add one machine every week; Marketing will never need more than 16 machines; and Sales needs 1 machine for every two clients. As of the start of year 1, the company has no clients, but the sales model indicates that by the start of year 2, your company will have six clients and each week thereafter, it gets one new client with probability 60%, loses one client with probability 20%, or maintains the same number with probability 20%.

(a) What address range would be required to support the company’s growth plans for at least 7 years if Marketing uses all 16 of its addresses and the Sales and Engineering plans behave as expected?

(b) How long would this address assignment last? At the time when the company runs out of address space, how would the addresses be assigned to the three groups?

(c) If instead of using CIDR addressing, it was necessary to use oldstyle classful addresses, what options would the new company have in terms of getting address space?

Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more
error: Content is protected !!