ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
Part1: Grade (5 points)
1. Explain the difference between a character device and a block device giving examples of each type of device. Illustrate how the types of device can be determined by using the ls –l command.
2. Explain the difference between major and minor numbers as they relate to Linux device files. Be sure that students understand that a major number represents a driver while a minor number represents a specific device.
3. Explain how the mknod command can be used to recreate a corrupted or deleted device file if you know the type, major number and minor number for the device file.
4. Explain the concept of journaling filesystems that are used to keep track of changes written to the filesystem.
5. Explain the concept of a mount point emphasizing that it is a directory on the directory tree where the device is attached.
6. Explain how the root filesystem is used during the Linux boot process explain how other filesystems on hard disks inside the computer can also be mounted to various mount point directories under the / directory at boot time, as well as via entries in the filesystem table (/etc/fstab).
7. Explain that the most common command to create filesystems is the mkfs command; however, there are other variants and shortcuts to the mkfs command. Use Table 5-3 as a guide when discussing some of these options.
8. Explain how the mount and umount commands can be used with just enough information from a line in the /etc/fstab file to shorten the amount of typing necessary to mount a drive.
9. Explain how the Logical Volume Manager (LVM) can be used to create volumes, and the advantages of creating such volumes.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more