For these exercises, we will be using the data from the survey collected by the United States National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). This center has conducted a series of health and nutrition surveys since the 1960’s. Starting in 1999, about 5,000 individuals of all ages have been interviewed every year and they complete the health examination component of the survey. Part of the data is made available via the NHANES package. Once you install the NHANES package, you can load the data like this:
Let’s now explore the NHANES data.
1. We will provide some basic facts about blood pressure. First let’s select a group to set the standard. We will use 20-29 year old females. AgeDecade is a categorical variable with these ages.
2. Using a pipe, assign the average to a numeric variable ref_avg.
3. Now report the min and max values for the same group.
4. Compute the average and standard deviation for females, but for each age group separately rather than a selected decade as in question 1. Note that the age groups are defined by AgeDecade.
5. Repeat exercise 4 for males.
6. We can actually combine both summaries for exercises 4 and 5 into one line of code. This is because group_by permits us to group by more than one variable. Obtain one big summary table using group_by(AgeDecade, Gender).
7. For males between the ages of 40-49, compare systolic blood pressure across race as reported in the Race1 variable. Order the resulting table from lowest to highest average systolic blood pressure.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more