In Section 16.2.5 we described only the most basic aspects of the rendering process. It is a far more complex topic than the elementary material presented in that one section. However, it is also the most critical and most difficult step in the overall imaging process. A wireframe model is not a finished image that could be displayed on a screen. It is the set of rendering algorithms that takes this primitive model and turns it into something both realistic and believable in its appearance.
Find sources of technical information on rendering and read about the steps involved in this visualization process. Specifically, read about some of these aspects of rendering that were not presented in this chapter:
• Bump-mapping. Creating small-scale bumps on the surface of an object
• Fogging. The dimming and dispersal of light as it passes through a partially obscure atmosphere
• Refraction. The bending of light associated with transparency
• Indirect illumination. Surfaces that are illuminated by light reflecting off other objects
• Translucency. The scattering of light as it passes through solid objects
• Depth of field. Objects that appear out of focus because they are too close or too far from the object that is in focus
For one or more of these rendering topics, write up a report that describes the algorithms used to address these issues.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more