Compute depreciation under different methods.
On January 1, 2017, Pele SA purchased the following two machines for use in its production process.
(a) Prepare the following for Machine A.
(1) The journal entry to record its purchase on January 1, 2017.
(2) The journal entry to record annual depreciation at December 31, 2017.
(b) Calculate the amount of depreciation expense that Pele should record for Machine B each year of its useful life under the following assumptions.
(1) Pele uses the straight-line method of depreciation.
(2) Pele uses the declining-balance method. The rate used is twice the straight-line rate.
(3) Pele uses the units-of-activity method and estimates that the useful life of the machine is 125,000 units. Actual usage is as follows: 2017, 42,000 units; 2018, 37,000 units; 2019, 28,000 units; and 2020, 18,000 units.
(c) Which method used to calculate depreciation on Machine B reports the highest amount of depreciation expense in year 1 (2017)? The highest amount in year 4 (2020)? The highest total amount over the 4-year period?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more