Matching cost-of-quality examples to categories Sammy, Inc. manufactures motor scooters. For each of the following examples of quality costs, indicate which of the following quality cost categories each example represents: prevention costs, appraisal costs, internal failure costs, or external failure costs.
1. Preventive maintenance on machinery
2. Direct materials, direct labor, and manufacturing overhead incurred to rework a defective scooter that is detected in-house through inspection
3. Lost profits from lost sales if the company’s reputation is hurt because customers previously purchased a poor-quality scooter
4. Cost of inspecting raw materials, such as chassis and wheels
5. Working with suppliers to achieve on-time delivery of defect-free raw materials
6. Cost of warranty repairs on a scooter that malfunctions at a customer’s location
7. Costs of testing durability of vinyl
8. Cost to re-inspect reworked scooters
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more