Interpreting Equity Method Investment Footnotes On December 29, 2006, AT&T acquired Bell South…

Interpreting Equity Method Investment Footnotes

On December 29, 2006, AT&T acquired Bell South Prior to the acquisition, AT&T and Bell South jointly owned AT&T Mobility (formerly known as Cingular Wreless) and each accounted for its investment in AT&T Mobility under the equity method. AT&T purchased Bell South for $66,834 million and reported the following allocation of the purchase price in its 2007 10-K:

a. Describe how AT&T accounts for its investment in AT&T Mobility (former ly Cingular Wireless) following its acquisition of Bell South.

b. AT&T had the following disclosure in its 2007 10-K regarding the reporting of its investment in AT&T Mobility: ;;We recorded the consolidation of AT&T Mobility as a step acquisition, retaining 60% of AT&T Mobility's prior book value and adjusting the remaining 40% to fair value.” Why is AT&T only adjusting 40% of its investment in AT&T Mobility to fairvalue?

c. AT&T adjusted the purchase price allocation for Bell South subsequent to the acquisition. Most of the allocat ion relates to an increased value placed on Bell South's equity investment in AT&T Mobility due to uincreased value of licenses and customer lists and relationships acquired.” Why did the increase in the allocation of the purchase price to Bell South’s investment in AT&T Mobility decrease the allocation to goodwill? How will this increase in allocation to the equity investment impact AT&T’s income statement?

d. More than half of the purchase price is allocated to intangible assets and goodwill. How is the fair value of customer lists and relationships estimated? How is the fair value of goodwill estimated? Why does it matter whether the allocation of the purchase price for intangible assets relates to ucustomer lists and relationships” or to goodwill?

Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more
error: Content is protected !!