Strategic analysis of operating income (continuation of 12-29). Refer to Exercise 12-29.
1. Calculate the operating income of Compton Associates in 2016 and 2017.
2. Calculate the growth, price-recovery, and productivity components that explain the change in operating income from 2016 to 2017.
3. Comment on your answer in requirement 2. What do these components indicate?
Strategy, balanced scorecard, service company. Compton Associates is an architectural firm that has been in practice only a few years. Because it is a relatively new firm, the market for the firm’s services is very competitive. To compete successfully, Compton must deliver quality services at a low cost. Compton presents the following data for 2016 and 2017.
Architect labor-hour costs are variable costs. Architect support costs for each year depend on the Architect support capacity that Compton chooses to maintain each year (that is, the number of jobs it can do each year). Architect support costs do not vary with the actual number of jobs done that year
1. Is Compton Associate’s strategy one of product differentiation or cost leadership? Explain briefly. .
2. Describe key measures you would include in Compton’s balanced scorecard and your reasons for doing so.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more