Beth Morgan, controller of Boulder Corporation, is currently preparing the 2011 financial report. She is trying to decide how to classify the following items.
1. Account payable of $170,000 owed to suppliers for inventory.
2. A $60,000 note payable that matures in three months. The company is planning to acquire a five-year loan from its bank to pay off the note. The bank has agreed to finance the note.
3. A $500,000 mortgage: $75,000 payable within twelve months, and the remaining $425,000 to be paid over the next six years.
4. The sum of $8,000 owed to the phone company for service during December.
5. Advances of $25,000 received from a customer. The contract between the customer and Boulder Corporation states that if the company does not deliver the goods within six months, the $25,000 is to be returned to the customer.
6. The sum of $15,000 due the federal government for income tax withheld from employees during the last quarter of 2011. The government requires that withholdings be submitted by the end of the next quarter to the Internal Revenue Service.
7. A $125,000 note payable: $30,000 is payable within twelve months, and the remaining $95,000 is to be paid over the next two years. Boulder Corporation plans to issue common stock to the creditor for the portion due during the next twelve months.
8. The company declared a cash dividend of $50,000 on December 29, 2011. The dividend is to be paid on January 21, 2012.
a. Classify each of the items as a current liability or as a long-term liability. (Note: Some items may be classified partially as current and partially as long-term.)
b. Compute the total amount that should be classified as current liabilities.
c. Compute the total amount that should be classified as long-term liabilities.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more