This is an individual assignment.
Fact Pattern Question:
Ted’s Fruit Wholesalers sold several hundred pounds of fruit to Caroline’s Cider House Ltd.After several months, Caroline’s had still not made payment on its purchases.Caroline’s, did not dispute its liability.Caroline, “the controlling mind, sole officer, and director,” explained that Caroline’s simply could not pay the bill. Caroline claimed that Ted’s contract was with Caroline’s Cider House Ltd. And not Caroline.
1. Review the case E.M. Plastics v. Abby Signs and Lardeur, 2009 BCPC 18 (CanLii.), which is included with your materials for this assignment.After reading the case, answer the following question:
Is Ted’s Fruit Wholesalers v. Caroline’s Cider House Ltd., a case in which the Court would pierce the corporate veil?Your answer is to be one or two paragraphs in length, and you should demonstrate that you understand the reasoning of the court in E.M. Plastics.As well, your answer should be supported by one other resource, which must be a Commercial or Business Law Textbook.
2. Under what circumstances would Caroline be liable for the debts of Caroline’s Cider House Ltd.?Would there be a difference in terms of liability if the business was structured as a sole proprietorship or as a general partnership?Your answer should be one or two paragraphs in length and it must be supported by a Commercial or Business Law Textbook.
The following questions are to be answered in paragraph form and supported by a Commercial or Business Law Textbook.Each answer should be at least one paragraph in length.
3. What is meant by a corporation’s having a separate legal identity?
4. If two people enter into a business together with the object of making money but lose it instead, can the business still be a partnership?
5. Partners have fiduciary obligations to each other.Explain what this means and give examples.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more