The class project challenges you to Identify and select a famous person (television, Hollywood, news media) who you believe is an example of deviance. In Part 2 you applied theories of deviance to your person, in part 3 of the class project, think of yourself as sociologist attempting to explain your person’s behavior and use apply the seven stages of deviance to your deviant person.
You should spend approximately 10 hours on this task.
1. Review Part V of the textbook, pages 247-252 where the textbook authors describe the formation of the deviant identity and where the seven stages of deviance are listed and exampled.
2. Consider yourself to be a sociologist and categorize, explain and appraise how your selected deviant person fits into one or more of these stages that are listed by the textbook authors.
3. Your deviant person should fit into at least one to two or more of these stages of deviance, but few people will fit into all seven stages of deviance. Do not be alarmed if all categories do not fit your person.
4. Specify specific behaviors, personality traits and life examples of your deviant person and how these character traits relate to the stages of deviance listed in the readings.
5. Using the knowledge about deviance obtained in this module, combined with information learned in the first and second modules, to describe why you believe this person is to be considered deviant, providing specific examples to define why you categorize your person’s behavior into a stage.
6. You may also justify these deviant stages as to why your person is deviant using specific references from this particular module. Your justification can come from the activities, your readings, or any materials you explored during this module.
7. Be prepared in future parts of this project assignment to again expand on this deviance character definition of your person
8. Post your persons deviance stages to the Drop Box titled Project Part 3: Applying the Seven Stages of Deviant Identity to your Deviant Person.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more